Friday, July 11, 2008

Another Great Song of the mid nineties

I remember 6th grade... It was full of love for this one beautiful blue eyed blond angel named Caitlyn. Being a little Chinese boy at the time, seeing this literal portrayal of what angels look like really felt like being in the very presence of something greater than this mere mortal world. I never ended up talking to her after 7th grade for 6 years and then we met one another over facebook. We had picked the same major too. Kinda weird. I had promised myself to tell her that I really loved her, truly, madly, and deeply if we were to ever meet again as she had moved 3 cities away. However, perhaps I had matured and realized that would be utterly creepy and perhaps I had grown out of the childlike infatuation I once had for her. But we became fairly good friends soon afterwards. Anyway, how does this relate to eurodance? haha back when eurodance was just called dance... There was a song on the radio that I loved listening too. It was Amber - This is your night. Even though I had the wrong lyrics and thought it was this is THE night. Haha stupid little Chinese kid I was. I dunno why but I always thought of her when I heard the song. I always wanted her to sing it to me. Man I am super duper cool. I guess that's what truly gets to me about eurodance. I always daydream while listening to the songs and something cool, romantic, and usually unbelievably corny/cheesy pops to mind. But in today's cynical world, I remain kind of on the outskirts of normality. But is it wrong to dream of something fantastic? hahaha the cutest girl in my class singing to me a song about sex and love in 6th grade was fairly fantastic at the time.



when I searched for the song on youtube just now... that was actually my first time seeing the music video. What a completely different image than what I would have imagined for a song haha nineties dance music videos are uber lame!

No comments: