Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The song that started it all...

Cool, I am gonna really enjoy making these blogs. I'll just start from the top. The song I talked about in my very first entry was Nikki French - Total Eclipse of the Heart... and now I will try to "embed" it into my page haha via youtube. The song came out during the era of Real Mccoy's Runaway and Another Night. What makes this song so special? I'm not really sure. But it's the song I first remembered to be my "Favorite song". Can you, the reader think back to the first time you recognized a song as your Favorite Song? At the time, I didn't know enough about masculinity to realize that this was quite the fruity song. But man, I loved it. It had the intro verse... I love that about classic eurodance. They had ACTUAL verses... Not just one verse and a chorus or just a chorus or just a few words repeated... Actual verses. TURN AROUND!!! hahaha classic 90's eurodance! And it had this like... climax part... where she goes ALL OUT and sings as loud as she can. That is then immediately followed a little part where she sings like the most important part of the song, like the most emotional part with nothing but some melody playing... "Once upon a time, I was falling in love, but now I'm only falling apart... Nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart!". There's no bass in that part. None of the regular beats that go ompa ompa ompa or dooch dooch dooch... you get to hear the song for like 5 seconds without the techno hard beat... and then it ends with the rest of the song!
Let's see if i embedded this right



Okay, so the song that started it all... Nikki French's Total Eclipse of the Heart!

No comments: