Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A New Beginning...

So after finally graduating from post-secondary... I am now about to embark on a new start... As in finally growing up and entering the workforce!!! I was introduced to blogging by a friend and I think it's a great way to talk about things that I am passionate about. Here on my awesome jawesome blog, I will talk about Eurodance!!! What is Eurodance you might ask? Eurodance is now what they call the genre of music that was once just known as "Dance music" in the nineties... Fast, uplifting musical beats... Generated with an electronic device! And of course, there's a regular rhythm which is VERY important because it separates it from jazzy R&B and that other types of music. The regular beat is super duper important. Also, it usually has a beautiful sounding girl singing about LOVE. That's what makes it key. I am not a gangster, I do not care about 20' rims or do I shoot a glock. What I do is fall in love and feel epic about it. Eurodance should inspire emotion when listened to. I like it most when it inspires an aura of epicness within my soul. You just cannot help but imagine something utterly majestic, where you are unbounded by the confines of reality. Since I started listening to eurodance way back in the mid 90's... I've come to think of it as encompassing more than one now considered separate genres. Things like trance, vocal trance, house, and hiNRG all feel like eurodance because they have a techno beat, and a girl singing about LOVE. There's some exceptions, but that's generally how it goes down. In my blog, I will just talk about what's going on in my mind, my favorite songs, classic eurodance, eurodance that feels new to me but is actually old like from 2003... and just whatever I feel like writing.

Of course, the song that started it all... Sometime in 1995 when I was just ten years old, I heard the song that would forever change my life. It was Total eclipse of the Heart by Nikki French. I heard it on Z95.3fm, the old pop music radio station of my hometown of Vancouver, British Columbia. Back then, it wasn't considered gay or uncool to listen to this now fruity genre of music. And it captivated my heart and soul. At the time, I thought I liked rock music. Because Tim, the tool man Taylor from Home Improvement liked it. But really, rock... SURE, but eurodance... FOREVER

EURODANCE WILL NEVER DIE!!! hahaha i hope anyway, cheers!

No comments: